Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8
07-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Windows 8
Does anyone else here think Windows 8 will be worse than Windows Vista? The Metro interface is not suitable for a keyboard or mouse and by default, when you try to shut down your computer, it is technically being hibernated. Because of this, I suspect many people will start wondering why their newly installed drivers aren't working.

[img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/029/3/7/linux_ubuntu_signature_by_gerthold-d38az73.png[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Windows 8
Windows 8 trying to look more like tablet devices, i guess it would make it more cross device friendly seen as they will be able to run on ARM chips...... I wont move from windows 7 an less there some major changes given. I find win7 does everything perfect for me, so they would need to release a really REEAALLY good DX that makes graphics in games exploded with details or a huge performance boost. Also they would need to have allot more features for me to want to upgrade from windows 7 to 8. About the hibernation systems, windows has fixed allot of it up in win7, i prefer having the option to hit into hibernation rather it just choosing it for me.
07-26-2012, 08:26 AM
have you tried the rc? it seems to be 2 in 1. a "normal" os and one for touchscreens., but i'm not sure.
07-30-2012, 10:39 AM
i think windows 8 will be the worest windows ever made
08-21-2012, 02:20 AM
I looked at the interface and didn't like it.
I think it's going to take a while to get used to. Huh
08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
actually does not look bad
09-07-2012, 09:17 PM
i agree with u
09-12-2012, 02:38 PM
(07-25-2012 08:54 AM)sbdragon89 Wrote:  Windows 8 trying to look more like tablet devices, i guess it would make it more cross device friendly seen as they will be able to run on ARM chips...... I wont move from windows 7 an less there some major changes given. I find win7 does everything perfect for me, so they would need to release a really REEAALLY good DX that makes graphics in games exploded with details or a huge performance boost. Also they would need to have allot more features for me to want to upgrade from windows 7 to 8. About the hibernation systems, windows has fixed allot of it up in win7, i prefer having the option to hit into hibernation rather it just choosing it for me.

Windows 8 trying to look more like tablet devices.

That's right.
09-16-2012, 07:08 PM
The way computers are these days, lot of people are doing this cloud shit. With a cloud you are basically signing your data away. Just as with the apple stuff, content on the app store is licensed not owned.
09-21-2012, 11:16 AM
bad software