Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Fiber
07-29-2012, 02:41 AM
Thumbs Up Google Fiber
Back in the day when Yahoo and MSN were the masters of online email portals and offering 5MB of space, google came along and offered gmail with 1 gig of storage. This was a disruptive innovation that secured google's position as today's technological as well as corporate super power.

Now google has started offering 'Google Fiber' . Using their home-made hardware, technological expertise and tons of money they have made the technology of 1 gig/s of upload/download possible in many US cities with a monthly fee of only $70.

Verizon/ comcast / and many of the other internet providers in the US who never innovated will soon face a death sentence. With google's 1 gig/second offered at $70 bucks, I wouldn't be surprised that they would have flocks of new customers.

Although 1 gig/second may not be possible because of bottleneck's but atleast much better than my current .. which is 7mb (download) and 400k upload.

Can't wait to have a google fiber connection !

[i]A day without sunshine is like, you know, night[/i] Blush
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Google Fiber - meena - 07-29-2012 02:41 AM