Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Read me! AntiWPA or AntiWAT? Recommended method on patching Windows XP and Server 2003
08-05-2012, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 11:35 AM by cw2k.)
RE: AntiWPA or AntiWAT
Just compare Antiwpa-V3.4.6 for X64 and X86.ZiP and AntiWAT.XP.2k3.Activator.zip.
  • X86\freewat.dll -> just 'facelift' no real codechanges
  • xpgen.reg
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]
    * "LicenseInfo" =... is unnecessary
    Note: these are no really LicenseInfo - it's a fake name - it's part of WPA-TimerDate (http://antiwpa.net/src/doc/Details%20abo...%20WPA.htm <- search for 'LicenseInfo')
    * "DigitalProductId" = ... forcing in the Serial/CDKEY like this will just generate straight forward errors with any Vorsorglich M$ checking if it's no volumenversion + the oembios.dat pidgen.dll and dpcdll.dll matches to that.

"OOBETimer" = ... okay that makes some sense since that is is used by the WPA-GUI part to check if XP is Activated.
  • AntiWAT.cmd -

Quote: REG DELETE "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon" /f 1>nul 2>nul
    REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents" /f 1>nul 2>nul
    REG RESTORE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents" "%~dp0OOBE.hiv" 1>nul 2>nul
    Well the order makes not much sense first you 'REG ADD ' and in next line you overwrite the imported changes with REG RESTORE.
    However access rights are probably fine there is so need for oobe.hiv - in some it cause it may do more harm than use and the key "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents" may get unaccessible or unwriteable.
  • Blocking mpa.one.microsoft.com
    genuine.microsoft.com
    sls.microsoft.com
    %windir%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Well it's not used - is there really a need for this. I wouldn't do that until there's a really benefit / indication for.
  • Deleting "wgalogon.dll" and "wgatray.exe" works to get rid of the WGA.
    However Windows update may notice and so keep on 'asking' you all the time to reinstall WGA. <-Well I'm not sure about that / habe not tested it again but I thought to remember this 'problem'.

Summary:
AntiWAT =
Antiwpa-V3.4.6 for X64 and X86.ZiP
+ others\WPA counterfreezer 1.0 utils (antiwpa3 win2k3 fix).ZiP\set-oobe-activated
+ delete WGA
+ one/two harmless but unnecessary changes

All in all it's fine and a nice all round solution.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: AntiWPA or AntiWAT - NewEraCracker - 04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
RE: AntiWPA or AntiWAT - InterplanetJanet - 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM
RE: AntiWPA or AntiWAT - NewEraCracker - 04-19-2011, 01:30 PM
RE: AntiWPA or AntiWAT - Lone Browncoat - 07-24-2011, 05:49 AM
RE: AntiWPA or AntiWAT - tfratzke - 03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
RE: AntiWPA or AntiWAT - rooankesley - 06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: AntiWPA or AntiWAT - cw2k - 08-05-2012 11:28 AM