Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accidentally removed antiwpa
11-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Accidentally removed antiwpa
Last night I was careless and ran malwarebytes just to check on my system, and I wasn't paying attention and it removed everything it found, including antiwpa.

Now I can't get into windows at all, normal or safemode, I get stopped at the log in screen. I was wondering if there was anyway to fix this without doing a fresh install.

I'm using a Mac, running windows with bootcamp and the whole process was just... not fun.

I downloaded the crack on my mac partition, I know it probably won't work, but anyway I could just drop the needed files into the correct places from there? Or do I need to be able to log in to windows to install it again?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2010, 11:27 AM
RE: Accidentally removed antiwpa
Hello,

First : an big thanks for all the efforts from the team / Admin of this board to do launch patch for win activation & more = for do not forget the XP users....

Sorry for my poor English speaking..i am French...

@Kb0832

Hi,

Maybe you can recovered with any virtual soft = VMware or // = they both can use any bootcamp partition....& by this way try to run again the patch...or maybe run the safemode by this way...well, never try...but maybe an idea to explored...

Well, similar shema yesterday for me...

I got on an Mac_PRO ( Snow L/ 10.6.5) & use VMWARE FUSION 3( i got allready win7 & an XP3 = bot are workind perfectly )

I have the project to install this days like you an XPSP3 with BootCamp.

So before i run the bootcamp assistant i whanted to know if the winXP SP3 i have ( untouched version come from MSDN ) can be actived with the ANTIWPA Patch...

So i make the test on VMWARE...

I install an the Windows XP SP3 ( October Updated ) come from MSDN, so logicly = no need any key for activation...

On the end of the install, the process required me an Key....i find some's & past one...the process done...

Upon the install done i check ( without the antiwpa patch) win update = & for sure = need to be activated...i left..

Come here & download the patch... http://board.deioncube.in/showthread.php?tid=3

I run the patch....all seem done...

& unfortunetly = don"t work, cause windows update say = activation required & when i be on the activation page = failed ! " this version of windows...blablabla"..

Any tips are welcome !

Regards,

DENIS
12-01-2010, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2010 01:51 PM by kb0832.)
K well, I tried loading it from Parallels, and it was doing the same thing as when I booted it up in Windows normally, I got locked out with the activation request box. So I gave up using a virtual machine entirely to figure it out, and just stuck with using my Bootcamp partition after I had done the research from the Mac OS. So I did some searching online and found a way to fix my mistake, took me well over 5 hours of researching though.

Basically all I had to do was hit OK when the window prompted me to activate windows when I tried to log in, then minimized the activation screen, and hit the Windows (command for mac users) key + U to open up the Narrator.

From there I clicked on the "Microsoft Web site" link in blue to open up my default internet browser which happened to be Firefox (if it was Internet Explorer it would have saved me a lot of trouble).

Since Firefox has no way of exploring system files like Internet Explorer can, I had to install a quick addon to it called IE View to be able to open up Internet Explorer from Firefox.

From there I used IE as a windows explorer, redownloaded the crack, and installed it from IE.

Restarted the computer and everything works like it did just before I screwed myself over.

I had to skip one of my night classes to figure this out, but I'm glad I got it. Now to just remember to make all virus scanners and such to ignore the files so it doesn't happen again.
12-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your return & observations !

Well, great news about your sucess ! happy for you ! i know the pain when that things hapened.... !

Really appreciated your step by step doing ! thanks for that...

Regards,

Denis

PS : i am gona try to install with BootCamp an fresh winxpSP3 today...wait & see....