Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accidentally removed antiwpa
12-01-2010, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2010 01:51 PM by kb0832.)
RE: Accidentally removed antiwpa
K well, I tried loading it from Parallels, and it was doing the same thing as when I booted it up in Windows normally, I got locked out with the activation request box. So I gave up using a virtual machine entirely to figure it out, and just stuck with using my Bootcamp partition after I had done the research from the Mac OS. So I did some searching online and found a way to fix my mistake, took me well over 5 hours of researching though.

Basically all I had to do was hit OK when the window prompted me to activate windows when I tried to log in, then minimized the activation screen, and hit the Windows (command for mac users) key + U to open up the Narrator.

From there I clicked on the "Microsoft Web site" link in blue to open up my default internet browser which happened to be Firefox (if it was Internet Explorer it would have saved me a lot of trouble).

Since Firefox has no way of exploring system files like Internet Explorer can, I had to install a quick addon to it called IE View to be able to open up Internet Explorer from Firefox.

From there I used IE as a windows explorer, redownloaded the crack, and installed it from IE.

Restarted the computer and everything works like it did just before I screwed myself over.

I had to skip one of my night classes to figure this out, but I'm glad I got it. Now to just remember to make all virus scanners and such to ignore the files so it doesn't happen again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Accidentally removed antiwpa - kb0832 - 11-30-2010, 11:09 PM
RE: Accidentally removed antiwpa - denis - 12-01-2010, 11:27 AM
RE: Accidentally removed antiwpa - kb0832 - 12-01-2010 01:48 PM
RE: Accidentally removed antiwpa - denis - 12-02-2010, 11:55 AM