Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OUTDATED] RemoveWAT - An entirely Windows contained activation solution. [v2.2.6]
10-24-2010, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2011 09:14 PM by NewEraCracker.)
[OUTDATED] RemoveWAT - An entirely Windows contained activation solution. [v2.2.6]
Hazar said:
Quote:WORKS ON ALL EDITIONS OF 7/R2
NOT FOR VISTA/ORIGINAL SERVER 2008!

This is a little tool I put together to remove WAT, with help from various others, (Windows Activation Technologies) completely from the OS, whilst still retaining genuine status and receiving all updates (optional aswell). You can also pass the genuine check in things like Windows Security Essentials.

/s switch is for silent mode

Please note it is not possible to download XP mode directly from the MS site at this time.

Thanks.

Download:
http://mods.myftp.org/Tools/Hazar/RemoveWAT.rar

.rar  RemoveWAT.rar (Size: 3.75 MB / Downloads: 7348)

Source:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...n-solution

Regards,
NewEraCracker
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2010, 08:13 PM
RE: RemoveWAT - An entirely Windows contained activation solution. [v2.2.6]
thx work OK
Big Grin
11-03-2010, 09:03 AM
(11-02-2010 08:13 PM)mikelgaya Wrote:  thx work OK
Big Grin

It works on everything I've thrown at it except the newest version of Security Essentials. Just switch to another AV solution or use a loader if you must use Security Essentials.

I have been using RemoveWAT for over a year and still would except for the SE problem. I have now switched to a loader because I really like Security Essentials especially for machines I install for others.

Captain
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2010 11:29 AM by NewEraCracker.)
(11-03-2010 09:03 AM)Captain351 Wrote:  It works on everything I've thrown at it except the newest version of Security Essentials. Just switch to another AV solution or use a loader if you must use Security Essentials.

I have been using RemoveWAT for over a year and still would except for the SE problem. I have now switched to a loader because I really like Security Essentials especially for machines I install for others.

Captain

I am using RemoveWAT and I downloaded SE from here: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
and seems to work nice so far Smile

Regards,
NewEraCracker
11-05-2010, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 06:50 AM by Captain351.)
(11-04-2010 11:28 AM)NewEraCracker Wrote:  
(11-03-2010 09:03 AM)Captain351 Wrote:  It works on everything I've thrown at it except the newest version of Security Essentials. Just switch to another AV solution or use a loader if you must use Security Essentials.

Captain

I am using RemoveWAT and I downloaded SE from here: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
and seems to work nice so far Smile

There are several different versions of the installer. I have an older one that will install and work fine but it will complain that there is a new version available windows update will automatically install this update for you unless you block it (I haven't tried that yet). After the newest update it will tell you that your Windows is not genuine and it will stop working in 30 days. I've seen this on about 5 different machines I have installed so I know that's what happens it just takes a few days to show up.

There are at least 2 versions of the installer that will not install at all if RemoveWAT is installed. The installation just terminates without giving any errors or anything.

One of my machines is using a loader and it is still working with SE fine!

I had posted screen shots of this on the old site too bad it's gone!

Captain
12-04-2010, 10:10 PM
strange to use microsoft to protect your PC since ms itself installs spyware to authenticate there software
12-07-2010, 01:05 AM
^ i guess because it's simple & free.
plus, when installed on "customer" computers, they'll know it's OK because it's from MS.. lol
12-07-2010, 09:50 PM
many good AV solutions are free (and simple, more or less...)

i agree that people think that if it's from MS then it must be OK...

that's why they dominate the software world
12-09-2010, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010 04:32 AM by Yazoo.)
well.. most of the AV tools that i've tested on my 2nd box were either reporting shitloads of false positives (even for no-CD cr*cks and stuff ; especially Avira), or were constantly (multiple times a day) nagging about something (updates, buy this, upgrade that....) or were slowing down the system too much overall (10-15% CPU load while doing nothing (idle) on the desktop of a clean Win7!? wtf!) Huh

I'm using SE on my main box and it just.. works Oo
i don't even have to close/deactivate it while gaming. makes no difference that i could notice, even with nearly 95% CPU (quadcore) and GPU load (GTA IV muhaha) Big Grin
12-28-2010, 05:50 PM
I know that the old forum was deleted so the old threads are gone, but i got a problem with the RemoveWAT 2.26

It doesent work anymore. I run it - click RemoveWAT and the PC reboots just fine. Upon booting i get a notion telling me that the windows is not a legal copy.

Are there any other ways of beating the activation in win7 (ultimate)

/Smirge
Thread Closed